You are here
We strongly encourage Computer Science students to pursue internship opportunities.
- An internship will give you practical experience that is valued by prospective employers.
- You may meet your capstone experience requirement in the CS major through a credit internship.
- One of the best ways for you to identify internships is by attending our Board of Advisors meetings, held once per semester on campus.
- Visit the SUNY Potsdam Internship Program for help to identify internship opportunities and to arrange for getting academic credit for your internship experience.
- AfterCollege, Inc., has arranged with our department to provide a Job Resource Center with listings of internship and job opportunities appropriate to CS students.
- Most CS internships are paid!
- Haden Land, a 1984 CIS alumnus and Vice President for Technology for Lockheed Martin's Enterprise Solutions and
Services, has endowed a scholarship for CS students who engage in off-campus internships in aerospace-related companies. The scholarship provides financial assistance for living expenses during the internship period.
The internships posted here come primarily from our alumni and faculty contacts. They are intended to supplement the SUNY Potsdam Internship Program postings.